1. When Dragonfly was born, Will got me one of those adult coloring books that’s all the rage right now since he figured I’d have a lot of down time while I recovered. Well, I hadn’t had much opportunity to color in it due to a combination of healing from the c-section and Dragonfly being *so* small. Now that’s he’s a bit bigger (meaning, he actually sleeps in his crib for naps and about half the night), and I’m fully healed, I’ve been finding more time to color. I know a lot of people use those as stress relievers, but I don’t find that I have a lot of stress in my life, so I color just for fun. And I really have been enjoying it very much. (Mine is a Harry Potter book.)
2. This was our first full week back to school since the baby was born. I think it went very well!
3. Wednesday was Will’s and my anniversary. We’ve been married for 15 years now. We didn’t do anything super fancy to celebrate. We ate dinner at home and then left the big kids there (since Seahawk is 12 now, we feel comfortable leaving him to babysit) and took Small Fry and Dragonfly out with us while we went to a record store and a book store to browse around.
4. We recently purchased two record players – yes, the old fashioned turntables that were how you listened to music in the 70s and 80s. Will has one in his office and we have one in the living room. We’ve slowly been purchasing used (and a couple of new…) vinyl records, but only from the record store – not Goodwill. The record store guarantees the quality of their records whereas Goodwill does not, and before we instigated the “no Goodwill” policy, we wasted a few dollars on records from there that didn’t play properly due to warping that you couldn’t see until you put it on a turntable. Our collection is now up to 14, plus a single (Doris Day’s Que Sera, Sera) on a 45. Even though I’m not much of a “music person,” I’ve been voluntarily listening to records more than I ever listened to CDs or MP3s. It’s nice 🙂
5. We’re in the early stages of exploring switching to “Family Cloth.” More on that in another post when we actually make the plunge.