1. Today is my sister-in-law’s birthday. She’s joining the 30+ club 🙂
2. I spent last Friday morning getting a manicure and pedicure with my mom. She had wrist surgery on Wednesday rendering her unable to drive for a few weeks, but she didn’t want to give up her nail appointment (the surgery was scheduled at the last minute for some reason), so she called me and offered to buy me a mani/pedi if I drove her to her appointment. Score!
3. My double-pointed knitting needles just arrived yesterday. I feel lucky that they didn’t get confiscated at customs since the company I bought them from (in Hong Kong, off of Amazon) mislabeled the customs declaration as a “phone case.” I’m glad to have them so that I can continue work on Dragonfly’s sweater I’m knitting for him. I needed the DPNs in order to work the sleeves (double pointed needles is one way of making round things like hats and sleeves and pants legs).
4. Speaking of Dragonfly, he’s learned a new trick: rolling over. He mastered this prior to his 4-month “birthday.” Overachiever! 🙂
5. We finally figured out a cloth diaper solution that actually keeps Dragonfly dry. This is a big deal for me. We did cloth with Small Fry as well, but he was constantly wet, too. I’m so glad to have found a solution that works, especially since it’s been exceedingly cheap.