- During the time I’ve been reading Jacob De Shazer: Forgive Your Enemies to the boys (we finished it today; look for a review later this month), I’ve decided/realized that reading together is my favorite way to do homeschool with them. For this reason, I think we’re going to try out Ambleside Online for our curriculum next fall. I’d start now, but the timing for that would be a bit weird considering it’s almost June 😉
- My Aqua Zumba class got canceled due to lack of participation. The pool claimed that our class wasn’t making enough to pay the lifeguard, much less the other expenses involved with us being there, so they canceled the class. Despite the fact that this has been in the works for several months, it’s still frustrating on a variety of levels. First, I’ve been doing the class for a year and a half, and we’ve consistently had the same number of people. It wasn’t until January that they started making noise about canceling it. Second, the Zumba class isn’t the only thing going on at that time, but apparently it was the only one responsible for paying the bills. But whatever. Life goes on. (No bitterness here, can you tell?)
- There is, however, an Aqua Zumba class in the town we moved to, so I’m going to start going to that one instead, effective tomorrow. It won’t be quite the same (different pool, different teacher), but I’m familiar with the teacher here because she subbed for my other class a few times. She’s good, so I’m confident the class will be just as good as my other one.
- Munchkin has been drawing nonstop. He’s getting quite good. I’ll try to remember to share a few of his pictures next week.
- We’re living with my in-laws temporarily. The interpersonal part of that is going pretty well, but the location is a bit frustrating. The town they live in is really far from any of our normal activities, so everything takes way longer now.
Have a great weekend!