Not a whole lot has been going on with us lately, hence the lack of blog posts. But here are five things that are happening in our family this week 🙂
1. Today and tomorrow we’re having a garage sale. We have to move by the end of August, so it was time to downsize a bit. I was unsure we’d have enough to justify a garage sale, but when we started pulling stuff out yesterday, there was actually a fair amount of things to get rid of. Hopefully I’ll have a good update next week on how it went!
2. Seahawk had to have a few “you’re almost to puberty” immunizations this week. Will and I were a little unsure of the HPV one, but we ended up deciding to have him get it. He also had to have a TDAP booster and a meningicoccal shot. According to Seahawk, the meningicoccal hurt the least and HPV was the worst. Fortunately, we have a very understanding medical assistant, and she always uses the smaller needle for him since he’s pretty small for his age.
3. On that same topic, he had a standard well child check at the same appointment and he’s officially as tall as me. I’m not sure how I feel about that 😉
4. My dad, whom Small Fry affectionately refers to as “Papa Mike,” recently blessed him with a tricycle. He’s been spending a lot of time learning to pedal in the past couple of weeks. He loves it!
5. We got our family all signed up for summer reading at the library earlier this week. The kids department (which now includes only Small Fry and Munchkin in our family – Seahawk has been moved up to the teens) gifted each child a book. Small Fry chose Goodnight Moon and Munchkin chose Wayside School is Falling Down. We read the other two books in the series as read-alouds during this past school year (I’ll have an update on how we did next week, probably), and he really liked them. So he’s been absolutely devouring his new book. I love that he loves to read 🙂
So that’s us. What’s going on in your family? Let me know in the comments!
Isn’t that scary when they’re as tall as you??!! My daughter is growing by leaps and bounds and oh goodness soon she’ll be looking me in the eye! I have yet to sign up for a reading program. She’s actually zoomed through 3 books in the last week so I should be doing that. Our library has one and so does Barnes and Noble. I need to have a garage sale but first we have to get INTO the garage to get the stuff out! LOL! Well that’s us Wendy 🙂
Kemi recently posted…Enter to Win a Microsoft Surface