I missed last week’s list, so I’ll include that first… It was “Favorite restaurants.”
- The Old Spaghetti Factory
- Olive Garden
- Vineyard Grill (this is a local place that serves delicious Korean food and awesome burgers and fries)
- Storr’s (another local place where we go for biscuits and gravy in the mornings sometimes)
- Burgerville (a regional chain with amazing halibut fish and chips)
And now onto this week’s list: Quirky things about me.
- I’m barely 5 feet tall. As in, if I’m not wearing shoes, that number might be a bit too generous.
- I don’t wear pants, only skirts and dresses.
- I used to drink a lot of iced tea, but last summer (I think… may have been the summer before) I switched to water. Now plain old water (I don’t even like adding things like lemon or cucumber) is my beverage of choice 99% of the time. I do buy distilled, though, because the tap water in our town is pretty gross.
- I am not an animal person. I grew up in a house full of pets, but as an adult I prefer an animal-less home. Especially dogs. I really, really hate dogs.
- I’ve had four surgeries in my life: one to get my wisdom teeth out when I was 21 and three c-sections.
- On the subject of those c-sections…: I’ve had one vaginal birth and three c-sections. I wanted a vbac for my most recent baby, but it just didn’t work out with the hospital and insurance. Luck would have it that my water broke the day my surgery was scheduled and I started contracting right away. The pain of that was so intense (and I was only in labor for two hours) that I think I’ll take my chances with additional c-sections if we have more children. (My recovery was really easy this time around; I never even took anything stronger than 800mg Ibuprofen for the pain.)
- My vaginal birth was with Seahawk, my oldest. I was in labor with him for 33 hours.
- I’ve never tried smoking. I don’t understand the draw, so I never will try it.
- I’ve never really drunk alcohol, either. We bought a bottle of wine once, “just to see,” and it was so foul that we’ll never do that again! I use cooking wine (from the vinegar aisle in the store) instead of regular wine for cooking, even.
- I was a JV cheerleader in 10th grade.
- I haven’t been on an airplane since 1997. Not because I don’t like to fly, because it just hasn’t worked out.