I have a super easy project for you today! I had seen trivets and plates like this on YouTube and wanted to try making one, and now I’m sharing it here.
Glass trivet (I got mine at the Dollar Tree)
Printer and access to a favorite photograph (or a printed one from the store)
Dishwasher safe Mod Podge (available at Walmart and other craft stores – I got mine for about $8 at Michael’s)
1. Measure your trivet and open some sort of photo editing program on your computer. Size your picture up so that it takes up as close to the full trivet size as possible. OPTIONAL: Add some sort of background to the photograph. I found a background design on Pixabay and put my photo over the top of it using Photoshop, and then printed.
2. Cut the image out to just a bit smaller than the trivet.
3. Paint Mod Podge over the back of the trivet. Lay your image out on top of the glue (face down) and carefully smooth it out. Paint another coat of Mod Podge over it.
4. Wait an hour, then paint another coat of glue over your image.
5. Repeat step 4.
6. Wait 28 days (yes, you read that right) for the glue to cure and become dishwasher safe.
I hope you make one of these and enjoy using yours as much as I have loved mine.