On last week’s menu plan post, I was asked about my crock pot spaghetti, so I decided to do a post about it. It’s really very simple, and I hope the recipe isn’t disappointing to you guys. I only cook the sauce in the crock pot, not everything, but I gotta tell you: it sure makes our house smell wonderful to come into on Sunday afternoons after church. We love this tradition!
I hope you like this recipe as much as we do.
- 2 cans tomato sauce (8 ounces each)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1 cup water
- 2 packets spaghetti seasoning (any brand)
- 1 pound Italian sausage, uncooked
- mushrooms (canned or fresh)
- In your crock pot, combine the first 4 ingredients, and the mushrooms if using. Mix well to dissolve the seasoning mix.
- Crumble the sausage into over the top of the sauce. (Your hands are the best tool for this job.)
- Mix the sausage into the sauce.
- At this point, you can cook the sauce immediately or put it in the fridge until you're ready for it.
- When you're ready to cook it, place the crock into the base and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- At the end of the cooking time, prepare your pasta according to package directions.
- Serve the sauce over the pasta.