- It seems that summer is really over. Our house has been about 65 degrees when we wake up each morning this week. It warms to about 70 inside by the end of the day, but today it’s only supposed to be in the upper 50s. This means that it’s highly unlikely the inside of the house will warm up, so we have a fire going in the fireplace so that at least one room is warm.
- I’ve been busily knitting sweaters for Christmas gifts (a more specific post on that is drafted for next week). So far, I have one for my dad and one for each of my nephews. I probably won’t have time to make them for everyone else (that would be four more adults and our four nieces), so we’ll have to come up with other ideas for them.
- Baby Dragonfly is up to size 12 month clothes, and into the last outfit from the baby shower that still fits him. We bought him a pair of jeans yesterday – the first clothes we’ve had to purchase for him ourselves.
- In a previous post, I lightly touched on the fact that we got Munchkin a Kindle e-reader for his birthday. Well, he absolutely loves it, just like I knew he would. I’m so glad we got it for him. He’s currently working his way through the complete (original) Wizard of Oz series; I think he’s in the 6th or 7th book.
- I quit biting my nails about a month ago. This is a huge thing for me – I’ve been a nail biter since I was about 7 years old (I remember the exact moment that drove me to start). I don’t like having long nails, so I’ve been clipping every week or two, but not biting. I’m so proud of myself 🙂